Starting with January I will do my best to be consistent with sharing my beauty favorites each month. I am even thinking of making videos instead of articles but lets not get ahead of my self. Youtube seems like a very fun thing to do and I've wanted (and tried) to start a channel for a very long time but there's always something in the way of posting a video (like unruly hair that looks weird the whole time and I end up deleting the footage). As a friend of mine would say "pretty little kids problems." :)
On to the favorites. I have been traveling a lot this month so I found myself suing the basics that always work. The things I take with me on the road are the ones I know I really love and always go back to.
1. The MUA Undressed palette contains all natural tones I might ever need and allows me to create so many different looks. I like that most of the colors are very warm and really suit my skin and hair. The quality and pigmentation of the shadows are absolutely great. When I tried it for the first time I was surprised to find such a versatile and affordable (because I don't like the word cheap) palette.
2. Another MUA product I've been enjoying this month is the Lip Gloss in Shade 1, which seems to be out of stock everywhere. Keep an eye on Superdrug and order it as soon as they restock. It is perfect, very comfortable to wear and not sticky at all! I love the slight golden shimmer in it too.
3. What I wore the most under the lip gloss was my holy grail nude lipstick. Rosewood from the Color Elixir line by Max Factor is the perfect my-lips-but-better shade - not too beige, not too pink. The formula of the range is definitely my favorite, because it is incredibly moisturizing and at the same time very pigmented and long lasting. Currently I own four shades and counting.
4. Another, not so basic, lipstick I've been loving is shade 02 from the Lasting Finish by Kate Moss for Rimmel range. It is a beautiful warm-toned pink that always puts me in a good mood. As you probably know, the formula and lasting power of these is amazing just as well as the color range. If you've been living under a rock and haven't tried them, go to your closes drugstore now (or after you finish reading this post).
5. The last lip product I want to talk about (it's an obsession I know) is Helen E's Lip Crayon in Nectar. I use it both on it's own or as a lip liner under a lipstick and I love it. Another my-lips-but-better shade that looks very natural and just enhances the lip color or prolongs the wear of the product on top of it.
6. Moving on to my favorite foundation for the past 6 (or more) months. It is the Revlon Color Stay for combination / oily skin. Everyone has been raving about it so I decided to try it out of curiosity and never went back. It has the perfect amount of coverage and mattifies my skin for hours without being flaky. If you're struggling with oily skin and a shiny T-zone, definitely give it a try.
7. To apply the foundation I've been using The Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Exper Face Brush. Two words: buy it. The shape and density are perfect, it doesn't leave any lines and gives me an almost airbrushed finish. I own many brushes but this is definitely in my top 3.
8. For powder this past month I've really been enjoying using the One Heck of a Blot Transparent Powder by Soap & Glory. It's very finely mild, doesn't look powdery and keeps me mat for a very long time. I find myself blotting or retouching my makeup much less. I can say I love it just as much (if not more) as the popular Stay Matte by Rimmel.
9. Last but not least, Natural Collection's Blush in Peach Melba is a very natural and forgiving shade that I always take with me when I travel because it looks as good with a barely there makeup and nude lips, as it does with smoky eyes and a bold pout.
If you enjoyed this you might also like: