The arrival of a new year always feels like a fresh start, a clean slate, a chance to start over with more strength, determination and persistence. We make resolutions promising ourselves to keep them. However, more often than not, we start strong and with every week passing by the initial enthusiasm fades until we completely forget about the goals we had at midnight. That is why this year I am not making resolutions, instead I am making decisions, I am making plans. Plans that are realistic and I know that if I really try I can realize them.
1. I will find a job that makes me feel accomplished and allows me to move forward in my career and the direction of my dreams.
2. I will be a better blogger, improving the quality of my articles and pictures, and most importantly interacting with you more.
3. I will improve my Italian.
4. I will stick to a healthier diet and workout at least 5 times a week. Blogilates provides great workout calendars each month along with recipes for healthy meals and lots of inspiration. I've actually started following Cassey Ho's program about three months ago and I already feel stronger and look fitter.
5. I will shop less and sew more. Sewing doesn't always give me the chance to create clothes that I wear, it is also a source of great pleasure. Making something with my own two hands gives me incredible satisfaction and helps me be more patient.
6. I will clean out my wardrobe. It is really hard for me to part with clothes even if I don't wear them anymore. However, I realize that there are people that are going to appreciate and enjoy the pieces in the back of my closet I don't reach for anymore. I will give them to friends or for charity and clean the clutter.
Last but not least, I will try to live in the now and appreciate each moment, instead of wishing my days away. It is not always easy, but Hello Giggles' Quick Guide to Living in the Now provides some great tips.
What do you want to achieve this year?
If you enjoyed this you might also like:
Inspirational Quote: 2013 in review. "May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears." Nelson Mandela